As part of a team, assist the Project / Asset Manager and /or the BU Well Engineering Manager (TA) in the management of operated and non-operated wells by ensuring all interventions and well servicing activities within the Asset are managed safely / efficiently and comply with ‘s Policies & Standards and all relevant Government Regulations.
> Ensure compliance with Well Engineering Management System / HSE Management System / Well Delivery Process and all relevant BU Procedures / North Sea Regulations
> Provide technical discipline expertise to Supply Chain on all ITT’s and contractual issues with regards to interventions and well servicing activities.
> Provide technical discipline expertise to HSEQ for all safety, environmental and /or equipment issues with regards to interventions and well servicing activities.
> Provide technical discipline expertise and take ownership of interventions and well servicing activities within their control (specifically for the Decom Team), including but not limited to design documents, cost estimates, (and final AFE) operational programmes, risk assessments, management of change / dispensations etc. In effect, he/she shall be responsible to plan, supervise and be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the 2021 LWIV well work on Balmoral (expected to be a minimum of 3x wells).
> For all operations (within his/her control), complete the end of well reports, to include an accurate account of the operations performed, costs (etc.) and compile lessons learned / recommendations for improvements on future operations.
> Provide technical discipline expertise and support interventions and well servicing activities outwith their control, including but not limited to document reviews, risk assessments, management of change and capturing lessons learned (etc.) that may be applicable to any Decom well work.
> As required, liaise with the Well Examiner and stakeholders with regards to interventions and well servicing compliance / operational issues.
> As required, assist with the preparation of new documents and /or provide regular updates to existing documents to ensure compliance with BU Procedres.
> Support the Asset with audits or requests from OGA / HSE / BEIS (OPRED) / Oil & Gas UK (etc.) and provide assistance with any questions / queries.
* Relevant degree preferred, but appropriate training & development with a known North Sea Operator acceptable providing extensive industry experience in interventions and /or well servicing – specific to Decom well work preferable.
* Level 4 Supervisors IWCF Well Intervention Pressure Control Certificate.
* Medical and relevant offshore certification to allow offshore travel (UK North Sea).
Skills / Experience
* Extensive experience with interventions and well servicing; to include experience working on vintage well stock within a Decom Team onshore / offshore UKCS.
* Proven record of accomplishment for design, planning and execution of well work from semi-submersible, jack-up and LWIV’s (i.e. subsea wells and XT’s).
* Proven record of accomplishment for HS&E delivery, experienced with incident investigations.
* Technically competent and knowledgeable / experienced with drilling, completions, well integrity, well interventions and well servicing equipment.
Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations)
* Good working knowledge of the North Sea Regulations, design and well construction best practices, vessels / platforms operating in the North Sea.
* Strong networking / relationships with other UK Operators and UK Regulators (OGA / HSE / BEIS etc.), drilling contractors and service suppliers.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.