One of the UK’s leading refrigeration and air conditioning wholesalers. Having celebrated our 50 year anniversary in 2015, we have 27 sites throughout the UK and Ireland and are continuing to grow.
We are now looking to recruit Branch Assistants to join our busy, dedicated branch based in Edinburgh.
In addition to working in our friendly, hardworking and established team, we offer:
- Attractive competitive salary
- Up to 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (with service)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Rewards Platform
- Employee Assistance Programme
Having a good standard of education including maths and English, a good telephone manner and proven experience of working within a similar environment you will have a professional, first class customer first approach with the ability to confidently work both well in a team and also using your own initiative.
The main duties of the role include:
- To keep up to date with all company sales initiatives and promotions in order to effectively pass this information onto the customer.
- Take delivery of goods for unloading, sorting, stacking and storage process/pick order requests for all stock items for a customer collection and /or delivery from the warehouse.
- Accurately pick orders by processing requests in a timely and orderly manner.
- Checking and packing orders for both internal and external customers.
- Serve the customers at the trade counter in line with company requirements and compliance with COVID 19 restrictions currently in place.
- Accurately update the internal IT systems and use of Microsoft packages eg outlook, excel and word are an essential part of the role.
- Raise quotations for the customer at the most competitive price from preferred suppliers, and provide the necessary follow up call to complete the order.
- Effectively source and order non-stocked items from other branches within the FSW Ltd Group or via the Purchasing Department.
- To professionally liaise with customers and suppliers over the telephone.
- You may be required to undertake driver duties for the branch if required.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements including wearing appropriate PPE at all times (PPE is provided), complying with all standards in place for COVID 19
- To undertake all relevant training for the role.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- To assist in other warehouse functions and processes where required, including undertaking driver duties if required, so a full UK driving licence is required.
- It would be an advantage if you had a Fork Lift Truck Licence, however, training can be provided.
The successful candidate will be required to participate in the Company Out of Hours Standby Service on a rostered basis, which includes cover over Bank and Statutory Days Holiday.
We are an equal opportunities employer.